Thursday, June 16, 2011

Day 7 of 180

June 16th, 2011

Well I guess from all of my unplanning of the days events and the fact that I rely on no one curriculum to teach the kids, that I am an eclectic homeschooler. So now that I have correctly identified my label I can tell about todays events. :) 
We needed to make a trip to the Gaffney, SC library since our books are due back tomorrow so I gathered them up and we read a handful that had been negelcted. They were " I Can Read, Too #1 by Dave & Pat Sargent and also #3, "Watch Me Throw The Ball" by Mo Willems (Love this author), "Butterfiles & Moths" by Bobbie Kalman and Tammy Everts, and "Little Tiger" by Barron's.
After dropping the books off we went to Education Express so the girls could see if they found anything educational to spend their money on. They did really well, and ended up getting an Ant Farm and Multiplication Rock! Then of course they took their money and gave it to the cashier.

Then we headed to the playground to burn some energy before heading to the Blacksburg Library to watch a magic show with Sarah Dippity.
The magic show was AWESOMELY (not a word, right?) cute.  Anywho, they enjoyed it and then we proceeded to check out as many books and movies as we could carry and headed home so we could play with them.lol
After supper we popped in a movie called Species Hunter. Pretty cool tale from National Geographic about a biologist Marc Van Roosmalen and his journey through forests of Brazil looking for new species of animals.
As if we didn't do enough for the day we took a couple minutes to set up out ant hill. The ants that you get from Insect Lore do not include a quessn ant as that is apparently against the US department of agriculture. I had some trouble with their website insectlore.com in trying to get the ants so I am thinking about headed to our backyard..hmmmm  Despite the trouble with the site theire are very cute and educational activities galore on the site! Definately going to be checking that out again.    Ok time for mommy time,,,,

No comments:

Post a Comment